Foggy Windshield Outside Not Inside - Vol.67
Are you frustrated due to foggy windshields? Do you want to get rid from a foggy window from inside? Well, it can be really irritating to drive your vehicle with a foggy windshield. In addition it is very dangerous. As per the UIUC Department of Physics, windshields of vehicle fog up from outside as well as inside when water condenses on them. For safety purpose, it is essential to understand how to prevent your car windshields from fogging up from inside.
It is not very difficult to stop your windows from becoming foggy. By using simple things like shaving cream, ammonia-based car window cleaner, defroster/defogger, cotton cloth etc. , you can do it in easier, faster and effective manner without hitting hard on your pocket., there is no need to spend money for a mechanic. Let us have a look at some tips in this regard-
· By using a glass cleaner, clean your vehicle windows thoroughly. Interior in your car slowly accumulates oil and that are the natural or base forms which now or then would turn into fog. It is advised to clean it after couple of weeks. In rainy season, it is preferred to do it once a week. This can help resolve the problem. You can use commercial anti-fog solutions available in the market. If you want to make anti-fog solution on your own, then you can keep the windshield free from fog in an affordable manner. All you need is to mix 2 ounces of vinegar in ¼ cup of hot water. Instead of using an ammonia-based window cleaner, you can use shaving cream instead. Take a rag and spray shaving cream on it. Now coat the windshield lightly with the rag. After this, rub the cloth vertically or horizontally across the windshield. Let the shaving cream sit on the windshield. By using another dry cotton cloth or towel, rub the windshield again in the same direction like before.
· To keep windshields free from fogging up from inside, you should make efforts to prevent excess moisture from entering the vehicle. Especially in the winter season, ensure that you tap off snow on your shoes before entering your vehicle. Try to remove all water from your umbrella by shaking it off vigorously. Remember, any excess moisture can add the fog on your windshield.
· Make use of auto defogger or defroster while adjusting settings of car air conditioner. Ensure that you never utilize the recirculation option. It is true that by re-circulating heat, you can save money. However, it may create problem. Rather you should use ‘fresh air', as the car windshield will become foggier if the damp, warm and old air stays in the car for more time.
· It is also suggested to roll down your car windows slightly. In general, air outside the car is drier as compared to that on the inside. Therefore, if you open the vehicle windows, then it will not only defog the car windshield, but also helps dry air to enter the car. Remember, this trick may not work each time, especially in the rainy season.
· By using a rag, wipe out your car interior as well as windshield. You should always keep a dry towel or cotton cloth on your dashboard. This can help you get rid of moisture while driving in easier, faster and effective manner.
· It can be beneficial to consult a mechanic if the problem persists. In addition to this, check the heater system of your car regularly. You can take help of an expert in this regard. It is possible that a broken heater might be the reason to build up water vapor in the interior of your car.
Remember, when you drive a car, you are not only responsible for your own life, but for occupants, pedestrians and fellow motorists as well. It is very essential that a driver should get maximum visibility while driving. By using above tips, you can stay away from a foggy windshield and hazardous associated with it.