- HOME ›
- Save Your Car from Salt Air in Coastal Area - Vol. 72
Save Your Car from Salt Air in Coastal Area - Vol. 72
Do you live in coastal areas? Are you worried due to rust and corrosion because of road salt? It is true that road salt is essential for safe transportation. However, when ice accumulates on highways and roads it becomes necessary for every vehicle owner to protect their vehicles from road. Even salt air in coastal areas can cause corrosion and rust. As a responsible vehicle owner, it is necessary to take steps for avoiding corrosion and rust. There are some easy yet effective with which you can save your car from salt air in coastal areas.
In salt air in coastal areas, it is essential to wash your car. This can be an important step in addressing corrosion problem due to salty air. This will help you maintain the car value. If you live in a coastal area your car is exposed to more salt air. Salt air which stays on a car surface and below carriage can be harmful for clear finish of your car. In addition to this it can cause rust, which in turn may damage the mechanics of your automobile.
How to prevent salt damage to your vehicle?
· It is beneficial to wash your car once a week.
· If the temperature is about 40 degrees F. or more, you should wash your vehicle. After washing your car, open and close the trunk as well as all the doors immediately. In other words, you should open and close all other parts of the vehicle having locks many times prior to parking your vehicle. This will help protect locks from freezing.
· It is advised not to drive your vehicle through deep snow as far as possible.
· Sleet and snow comprise salt that can cause corrosion. Even rain collects pollutants in the salt air. In the form of acid rain it may damage your vehicle. It is essential to take steps for preventing protective car finish.
· If there is snow or rain shower, it is advised to wash your vehicle. This is particularly essential for those who live in areas where acid rain is there.
· Wash your car from underside often in the winter months.
· It is also beneficial to wax your car at least twice a year to give it a strong protective coating.
Rust prevention tips:
1. For preventing rust it is advised to keep your car clean
2. Use a preventive finishing coating at all times.
3. Never ignore the underside of your vehicle. Rinse it thoroughly if you reside in a coastal area where a lot of salt is present.
4. Try to keep your wheels, tires, cowl and grill as far as possible. By protecting all these parts from material that hold moisture such as leaves, you can save your car from rust to some extent.
5. Check that no drainage holes in the door bottom, floor or frame are blocked. This will help any moisture to get out.
6. When you wash your car, open your doors. This will drain out accumulated water.
Cars are one of the biggest investments all of us make in our lifetimes. So, it becomes essential to maintain it properly and avoid any kind of damage. If you live in coastal area, then it becomes essential to protect your car from the ravages of the environment. All above mentioned tips for protecting your vehicle from salt air in coastal areas will prove to be useful in this regard. Thus, you can enjoy vehicle ride without worrying about corrosion or rust issues. Start your quest to save your vehicle from rust and corrosion now!
|Ref No.20302||Ref No.19901||Ref No.19973||Ref No.19873|
TOWN ACE NOAH
118i (1 SERIES)
- When Should A Car Horn Be Used?
- Are you one of those vehicle drivers who love to blow your car horn with no reason? Are you aware about laws associated with car horns?
- Coming soon...